#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I went down to Marion for the Easter weekend to be with family. We went the non-traditional route and celebrated Easter on Saturday night around the bonfire. We did this partly because my family likes fires and partly because my brother-in-law is a youth pastor and would have church until mid-afternoon on Easter day. It proved to be a great idea as the rain held off, temps stayed high, and the fire stayed hot! Matt and Jami, who have another baby on the way in about a month recently invested in a burley tag-along for Matt's bike. We busted that out for the first time on Saturday. Ave wasn't too sure about it initially, but she eventually settled in and told Mama and Papa, "That was fun," after the ride.

Sunday morning I went to church early with Jami to cook up about 180 pancakes for all the youth at Matt's church and then the family drove in to Fort Wayne for an Easter Dinner celebration at....wait for it.... Five Guys! LOL! Again, non-traditional, but Matt was dying for us to try the place and I wanted to get home at a good time! I'll go back to Five Guys! I got home from the long weekend around 3:00 on Sunday, but couldn't bring myself to sit still... it was too nice outside. I kayaked across the lake and back, then I long-boarded across the lake and back. Busy Sunday!

1 comment: