#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Neighbors...

It's unknown how long they have been, or how long they will stay, the only certainty's are that they will leave together and return together. I can say these things for certain because I've been witness to this pattern for nearly 4 years. It's said that Swans mate for life, that is FOR LIFE. I often wonder how two animals decide to make that commitment and that leads me to consider how they keep that promise. Swans are unable to solve simple math problems, write a letter to a friend, and they aren't equipped with a conscience, and yet they are able to recognize the terms of a commitment. In a world where the biggest commitment any human can make, marriage, has been completely desensitized, as a single 27-year old woman, I find solace in "My Neighbors,"... The Swans.

Footnote: I should note that I have many miraculous examples of strong marriages in my life. Marriages that have survived unthinkables (I just made that word up), and marriages that I know will withstand this life.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely example of how much we can learn from everything(one) we look down on.

    ReplyDelete