#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Breast Milk Baby...

I posted a link to this advertisement on my facebook wall, simply to gain some insight about what the Mother's of my network thought about it.... Some of the comments really cracked me up!


Kara Williams, Mother of two adorable girls writes, "Inappropriate. They want kids to "experience motherhood"?!? Uh... what's next, we'll have them stay up until 4:00am with a crying doll and have them simulate birth? I am all for breastfeeding, but feeding your babies in front of their older siblings is a great way to promote it. Weird...."

Sue Polly, Mother of 3 grown children, and now Grandmother of 6 beautiful grandchildren says,"My kids always pretended to breast feed their babies. I don't think they need a special doll-but hey, why not? I guess we don't even think anything about pretend bottles to feed dolls."

Brittany Johnson, Mother of two, cutesy Grace and baby boy Luke, commented, "It's creepy and incredibly inappropriate. Grace learned enough just watching me feed Luke. She certainly doesn't need a doll to enforce it!"

And lastly, my best friend Charity writes, "
Way to stir the pot Kati...lol. You love this discussion...a bit much in my eyes, but what do I know...I have a little boy :-)"

I have my own opinion about this suckling dolly... The fact that the child places a bib with stars that cover the nipples like pasties is enough for me to leave this one on the shelf! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment